Requisition ID: 30617
Location(s): Portland, OR, US Sacramento, CA, US
Work experience: Specialist
Type of position: Full-Time
Job Family: Quality, Health, Safety and Environment
The HSE QSE Specialist is part of a regional HSE team focused on providing health, safety, and environmental leadership to the Service Business Unit (SBU) responsible for the safe operation of wind turbines across the region. This position is part of a regional HSE team focused on providing quality, health, and environmental leadership to the organization.
The incumbent may have additional responsibilities for providing subject matter expertise in areas such as: Occupational Health, Environmental Engineering/Management, Safety, and EHS Systems.
• May support manager with team members ensuring applicants meet deadlines, provide coaching and that work quality meets expectations
• Responsible for ISO 14001, ISO 45001, and ISO 9001 compliance within region, including ownership of HSE site audit programs, across the region
• Participate in sub-regional forums for knowledge and sharing of best practices
• Build organization capability by providing HSE training and development of HSE professionals and HSE Field Contractors to ensure each site within the sub-region has the appropriate technical and functional competencies
• Establish and maintain relationships with customers and governmental authorities on matters of mutual concern including voluntary certification (e.g., ISO 14001 and ISO 45001), submission of required reports, and maintenance of data
• Direct and monitor the start-up/transition activities on new or expanding Vesta’s locations; monitor progress on completion of the action plan.
• Support and guide the investigation process of incidents (including near misses, releases, and losses) and accidents to determine root causes and prepare/direct corrective and preventive action plans within expected timelines.
• Supports field sites to reduce waste, increase recycling and lower CO2 footprint
• Support the management of work-related injuries at Vestas locations
• Maintain current knowledge of HSE industry best practices and technological developments and equipment to remain up to date on related systems, devices and techniques designed to eliminate or minimize associated risks. Keep current on regulatory requirements pertaining to HSE for assigned Countries
• Provide support and oversight to safety training programs; training may include strategies and goals to develop/improve safety culture, HSE technical programs/policies, injury trend data and regulatory information pertinent to the jurisdiction, workers' compensation injury case management
• Travel up to 50% as business requires, valid drivers' license required and ability to obtain a passport
• Other responsibilities as assigned
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite computer skills (Windows, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and SAP)
• Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
• Ability to work flexible hours (coordinating with various time zones)
• Able to effectively guide a cross-functional team
• Ability to work with people, to guide by influence and by motivating and empowering
• Able to complete responsibilities in a timely, professional, and quality manner
• Ability to travel to job sites as needed
• Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and accept new ideas and changing initiatives
• Ability to work with limited supervision in a remote environment with limited supervision
Bachelor's degree in Environmental Management, Industrial Health and Safety, or related equivalent with a minimum of 3 - 5 years' work experience in general industry or quality, safety, and environmental field.
An Associate’s Degree coupled with 5+ years of experience may be considered for this role.
Masters or advanced degree or certification (CSP/ASP/CRSP/GSP/SMS) preferred
• Experience in leading cultural change and behavior-based safety programs, as well as HSE programs and policies across multiple jurisdictions (e.g., countries, geographies, and cultures)
Follow link to apply: